Wednesday, January 27, 2016

"Stormy River." Acrylic on Canvas Painting + Time-lapse Video!

Hello all,

I have a new painting to share with you all today! This one turned out nice, and I am quite happy with it. I was very inspired by the falling sleet and rain that we have had this past weekend here in NC with Winter Storm Jonas rolling in. As you can see in my last blog post, a Photographic Essay titled “Finding Peace” (link below), we got some snow and a lot of ice here in Raleigh. Since then it has been a dreary beginning week, with overcast skies similar to what you see in “Stormy River.”


This painting, "Stormy River," captures the emotive nature of a brooding storm, impressionistically and evocatively describing the falling wintery mix. I hope that you enjoy looking at this painting, and I know that I had a wonderful time creating this artwork!    



"Stormy River," Acrylic on Canvas, 9 x 12 in. 
Artist Charles Wolf.
Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved.


Below you will find the time-lapse video for this painting. Please note that I had a few lighting issues in the one, I apologize for that, I will make some adjustments for the next time-lapse video. This painting turned out so well that I thought I would share it anyways.



Well, thank you all as always for viewing my work today. I hope that you all enjoyed watching this video and seeing the painting. Have a fantastic and artistic day! Any thoughts about what I should paint next, comment below? 


—Charles

Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog via email (top right sidebar); you can follow this blog each week via my Google+ PageImpulsive Artistry Facebook Page, and on Twitter @ArtImpulsive

No comments: