Friday, January 15, 2016

Easy, How To Paint a Sunset Painting Instructional Video


Orange Sky. Acrylic on Canvas. 9 x 12 in. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 
2nd Painting of the Sun Cycle Series

Hello everyone! I finally finished editing together this new painting video that I am so excited to share with you all! In this video, I teach you, though an easy to follow process, how to paint my beautiful little, acrylic, sunset painting: "Orange Sky," (shown above). This video should be helpful to both beginners and intermediate artists – even teens will be able to paint this piece!  

Unlike my time-lapse videos, this special instructional painting video is at normal speed where you can watch me work stroke by stroke as I teach you with verbal and text instructions throughout this video on how to paint this sunset! Please comment below if you have any questions that you would like answered about this work, myself, techniques, tips, etc…

Here is a list of basic materials that you will need to paint this painting yourself:

9 x 12 in. or smaller canvas
Large and small flat brush (these have a flat/straight edge at the tip of the bristles)
A few small liner brushes
Glass of water
Red gesso (Optional)
Acrylic paint colors: Red, Yellow, Orange, Black, Purple and White

Tip: Put down a sheet in the area that you are working to prevent a mess!





I would love to see your finished painting! Share them on the Impulsive Artistry Facebook Page here:




Thanks for watching.

—Charles


Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog via email (top right sidebar); you can follow this blog each week via my Google+ PageImpulsive Artistry Facebook Page, and on Twitter @ArtImpulsive

No comments: