Tuesday, January 5, 2016

San Marcos River - Trio of Paintings

Today, I thought I would share with you a trio of paintings that I completed back in 2014. At the time, I was living in Texas working on my Master’s degree in Music at Texas State University. We lived in a small 500 sq. ft. freestanding home, which was affectionately titled “a cabin.” We loved living there, surrounded by oaks, near the banks of the San Marcos River.  While this was a financially difficult period for my wife and me, it was nice to live a little ways out of the city in the beautiful countryside. 

This location included free river access to all residents of the small community of prefabricated homes where we lived. On several occasions I hiked down the trail to a large rock that protruded from the embankment, affording me a view of the river in all directions. From this vantage point and another spot a little downstream, I painted these three paintings below!  I hope that you enjoy viewing them; they now hang in my living room side-by side-here in North Carolina, reminding us of one of the best parts of our time spent in Texas.




 View looking upstream. "San Marcos River." Location: San Marcos Texas. Oil on Canvas.
 Artist Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2014.





View across to opposite bank. "Morning Sunrise." 
Location: San Marcos River, San Marcos Texas. 
Oil on Canvas. Artist Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2014. 



View looking downstream. "Fall on the San Marcos River." 
Location: San Marcos River, San Marcos Texas. 
Oil on Canvas. Artist Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2014.  

Thank you for viewing these paintings! What did you think of them? Is there an area where you have lived that sticks out to you in your mind that you have fond memories of? Comment below and let me know!

—Charles

You can follow this blog each week via my Google+ PageImpulsive Artistry Facebook Page, Via Email Subscription (top-right sidebar), and on Twitter @ArtImpulsive




No comments: