Wednesday, January 6, 2016

"Orange Sky" - Acrylic Sunset Painting and Time-Lapse Video!

Hello all, another chilly day here in North Carolina. The temperatures dropped and stayed below freezing all day yesterday. A bit warmer today, but by that I mean low 40s. I hope you are all staying warm this winter week, and to help keep you that way is this very “hot” color palette, sunset painting that I did on Monday. This is “Orange Sky,” and it is the second painting in a trio that I am working on right now using a modern impressionistic style. I am using acrylic paints and am imitating, or trying to loosely imitate, the look of watercolors in this series of sunrise and sets. If these go well, I may create a second cycle after with more outlandish/abstracted colors.


"Orange Sky."Acrylic on Canvas. Sun Cycle Series, Painting No. 2.
 Artist Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


You may recall the first painting of this series that I posted about a month ago. Here is a link to that article, which you can read at your leisure.


I also have added the photo of “Sunrise at Sea” below!


"Sunrise at Sea." Acrylic on Canvas. 9 x 12 in. Sun Cycle Painting No. 1
Artist Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2015. 


Here is a photo of these two paintings side by side. I am considering, unless someone wishes to purchase the set, of hanging these in my living room, replacing the Trio of San Marcos River Paintings that I posted yesterday. I like to mix up the artwork displayed in my home to keep things fresh, although I have received due warning not to turn it into a full-blown gallery from my dear wife—she likes to keep things organized, uniform, and color coordinated, which I greatly appreciate as I am not naturally gifted at maintaining such order. :  )


 Both paintings from my Sun Cycle. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016, 2015. 

Lastly, I have included a link to a short, YouTube Speed Painting/Time-lapse Video of me creating this new work of art! I hope that you all enjoy watching it as well as reading this little article today.



What should I write about next? Are there any types of questions you would like answered about my art? Comment below, and if I can get enough of these, I can do a short question and answer video! 

Thank you for being a part of this blog, and as always have a fantastic creative and artistic day!

—Charles 

You can follow this blog each week via my Google+ PageImpulsive Artistry Facebook Page, Via Email Subscription (top-right sidebar), and on Twitter @ArtImpulsive

















No comments: