Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"Dawn," Acrylic Landscape Sunrise + Hyper Time-lapse Video!





Hello Everyone,

A happy Wednesday to you all! Today’s post features my latest landscape painting titled “Dawn.” This work combines the color palette that I have been using for my abstracts with a more realistic and objective painting style. I actually painted this piece this past weekend and have been waiting to share this work with you all until today—and now I finally get too!

Several of the painters that I follow, on sites like YouTube and Google+, have recently been painting works containing mist, which I decided to attempt myself. This is not the first time that I have tried to paint mist: a few months ago I created another painting that just didn’t work out – for a number of different reasons. If you would like to see that painting, I did include a photo of it in my article about "fear of failure" in life, linked below:


My Inspiration for this Work

A couple of times each week in the early mornings, I will take my wife to her work so that I can have the car during the day and complete some errands. I should note here that we only have one vehicle between us right now, which works well for us, because, as you can probably guess, I work from home and don’t need a vehicle on most days. Anyway, here in North Carolina the hills surrounding Raleigh, where we live, are covered with a mixture of deciduous trees, now bare in the winter, and a host of pines. As the sun rises, the mist flickers through the forest with a similar effect and grey/blue color hew as seen in “Dawn.” 

I originally intended to actually paint a cityscape above the tree line in the painting, but decided against this once I saw how the composition was unfolding so well. I suppose that I will have to paint another similar work and include some skyscrapers!



Dawn. Acrylic on Canvas, 16 x 20 in. 
Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

Buy this painting at here at the Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop:

Dawn Etsy Shop Link 



Here is the acrylic color palette that I used to create this work:

Mars Black
Titanium White
Alizarin Crimson
Cobalt Blue
Cadmium Yellow

Painting Video

Below is the hyper time-lapse video of this artwork, where you can watch me paint this piece from start to finish (under 6 minutes) with EDM music. I will be sure to include a full length/real time version of “Dawn” with audio commentary for those who may be interested in watching that in a future blog post!



What do you think of my new landscape painting? Should I paint a similar work with the cityscape included? Do you have any questions about this work that you would like to ask? Let me know in the comment section below!

Impulsive Artistry will be back on Friday with another blog post, until then, have a great artistic and creative day!


—Charles

You can  follow this Impulsive Artistry by subscribing to this blog via Email Notifications, Bloglovin, and RSS Feed (top right sidebar), also via the Google+ PageImpulsive Artistry Facebook Page, on YouTube, and on Twitter @ArtImpulsive

New blog content posted here Monday, Wednesday and Friday! 

No comments: