Friday, February 12, 2016

The Bromance of My Cats - Photo Set

Hello Impulsive Artistry Blog Followers,

Valentine’s day is almost here! Do already have plans to spend with your sweetheart? I certainly do, but no spoilers here as my Wife may see it. I thought about what I might do as a special post to highlight the holiday, but couldn’t think of anything practical or interesting to do… until I was thinking about the various things in my life that hold my affection. While my Wife is the true love of my life, my two cats, Oliver (Grey and White Tabby) and Ian (Blue Point), are tied for a distant second.

As they have grown, I would say they now have a budding bromance, but it certainly did not start out that way…

[Cue harp strums]

“I remember it like it was yesterday…”

We were living in Texas at the time, back in 2014, and a co-worker of my wife had a cat that had a litter of kittens. We decided that we could afford to take on another pet, and so we accepted his offer to take one of the kittens from the litter, once it was weaned. Little did we realize that our current pet, Oliver, who was two years old at the time, did not take kindly to the idea of another animal in his space and was most put out at the prospective of this tiny ball of white fluff invading his home, as he saw it.

Ian however, was fearless in the face of the onslaught of minor hissing that ensued at their meeting, and boldly pressed forward towards Oliver, which caused the aggressor to — and yes this really happened — run away! Each time Ian came up to him, Oliver would hiss, but then back up a few more steps. Needless to say, Ian now runs the show and the two of them have buried the hatchet and reconciled their differences. My home is once again peaceful and serene for which I am very grateful…

What are those two trouble-makers getting into now!!!???

While I do not have photographic evidence of their initial conflict, I do have a series of photos for you to enjoy of Ian growing up, and the two of them slowly making peace with one another…  

We will be back on Monday, of course, with another painting video. 


Enjoy these photos!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------




Ian as a Kitten. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 





Little Guy! 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 





Kitten Ian Looking Out the Window. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 






Sleepy Kitten. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 





Taking Up the Whole Bed. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 






Ian, 7 Months Old. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 






Oliver and Ian, Getting Along. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 






Oliver and Ian, Sharing the Quilt. 2014. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 






Where's Ian? 2015. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 






Buddies. 2015. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016.






Bromance. 2015. Photo by Charles Wolf. Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. 



 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Thank you for view my post! I hope you enjoyed these adorable photos of my two cats! As I mentioned above, we will be back on Monday with a more normal post from this blog in the form of an instructional painting video... see you then!

—Charles


Don’t forget to subscribe to this blog via email (top right sidebar); you can also follow this blog, new content Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, via my Google+ PageImpulsive Artistry Facebook Page, on YouTube, and on Twitter @ArtImpulsive

No comments: