Thursday, June 30, 2016

Kaleidoscope - New Original Piano Music!


Hello everyone, I hope that you are having a great artistic week! While I am feeling a little under the weather today, I wanted to be sure to share with you all a creative project that I have been working on these past few weeks. This is a new piano piece, titled “Kaleidoscope” that I wrote with a driving melodic line accompanied by a warm synthpad (cello like sound) and a drum. I recorded and mixed this work together with software on my laptop, playing in the parts from my keyboard. I added several effects the parts, altering the sound, seeking an ethereal quality to the music.  

It has been a little while since I composed any new pieces, and it was an engaging experience creating a musical work just for fun. I studied composition formally in college, but that always felt like work, so for this piece, I wrote music that I would enjoy listening to: simple, playful, and energetic. 

When I was a small boy, my grandmother had a basket that was full of Kaleidoscopes at her house. I remember looking through the small hole on one end, spinning the tube around to watch the fractal colors shimmer and collide. When I had finished writing this piece and listened to the whole work from start to finish, it reminded me of that sensory experience and I could hear the colors shifting from position to position.

Kaleidoscope



For the best listening experience, I suggest wearing headphones, which will give you a better sound quality than standard monitor or laptop built-in speakers. 

You can hear more of my music here:
https://soundcloud.com/charles-wolf-composer


Question of the Day?

What do you hear when you listen to this piece 
+
What would you title it?

Let me know in the comments below or at the Impulsive Artistry Facebook Page.

Thanks so much for listening; I hope that you enjoyed it. I will be back next week with another photo set from my recent trip to beautiful Vermont. As always, have an amazing creative day!

—Charles


Do you know that I tweet several times each day? Follow me on Twitter for project updates, more photos, announcements and more!

Twitter Link: https://twitter.com/ArtImpulsive 

You can also search on Twitter for: @ArtImpulsive


Subscribe to Impulsive Artistry Below:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments: