Thursday, September 29, 2016

"Snow Day" - New Digital Art!

I had so much fun last week creating my first digital artwork, “On the River,” that I had to follow it up with another! It is a very different process creating art on a computer than painting with a brush. If I was working on an ipad with pen then I know that it wouldn’t feel as different, but instead I am using a track pad to create these works on my laptop. Another first for me was creating a winter scene with snow, something that I have not painted before.

I am still exploring the many features available with Inkscape, and discovered the “overlay” option under “filters” called “frost.” I also used a wonderful gradient tool for the sky. The trees and snow were painted in with the “calligraphy tool”, using grays and blues.

Here is the piece before I added the frost filter:


"Snow Day." Original Digital Art by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved.  

Here it is after:


"Snow Day." Original Digital Art by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

Question of the Day:

Do you like the piece better with the frost filter or without?

Let me know in the comments below or on the
Impulsive Artistry Page on Facebook or Twitter!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my art, and I am looking forward to creating more pieces like this digitally. Of course, I plan to keep using the traditional methods to paint, but it is fun to mix things up once in a while. I may even paint a few painting on canvas based on these digital paintings at some point.  

Have a fantastic artistic day,

—Charles

Join the Email List for new blog posts right to your inbox: 

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Follow Impulsive Artistry: 





No comments: