Thursday, September 8, 2016

Basic Color Mixing for Beginning Painters


Well, it has been a busy week for me and today was no exception, so I will keep this short. I thought I would share a brand new video with you all that I just uploaded today to the Impulsive Artistry YouTube Channel, where you can find all of my original painting videos.

My new HD camera and microphone are now up and running, which I am really excited about, as my painting videos look so much more professional!

This video is a short intro to basic color mixing, which will save you money, because you can often mix together colors rather than having to buy every single one that you want. While certainly it is a lot of fun to have a ton of colors at your disposal, to get started painting, you only need five:

Cobalt Blue
Cadmium Yellow Medium
Naphthol Red
Mars Black
Titanium White

With these you can mix up a wide range of hues. Some of the ones covered in this video include: two different types of green, as well as grey, brown, pink, light blue and more…

Basic Color Mixing (Acrylic) for Beginning Painters:


"Basic Color Mixing" Painting Video. Artist Charles Wolf. Impulsive Artistry © 2016. Impulsive Artistry Blog Productions. All Rights Reserved. 

If you enjoyed this video then be sure to subscribe to my 
YouTube Art Channel today! 

Question of the Day:

What is your favorite color?

Let me know in the comments below

Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
Have a fantastic artistic weekend,

—Charles
Subscribe to Impulsive Artistry Email List:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments: