Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Guest Artist Feature: Roberto Concha, Painter


Polaris #1. Gouache on Paper, 9x12in. 
Artist Roberto Concha © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

Hello everyone,

My name is Roberto Concha, and I feel very honored to be today’s featured guest artist. Thank you to Charles who has given me an opportunity to talk about my experience with painting and creating art.

All my life I wanted to paint, but I was always too busy with a more traditional career, so I never thought I would pursue it. That changed 12 years ago when I stumbled into a small art studio near my home in Fountain Valley, CA. I joined a Monday night art class, became fascinated with my new activity, and worked at it for a couple of years.




Allegory of Love. Mixed Media on Canvas, 12x12in. 
Artist Roberto Concha © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

I eventually left the art class, but continued to paint, attending all of kinds of art events in the LA metro area—a very bustling art scene. These outings affected the kind of art I wanted to create: modern, abstract, with some realistic characteristics. Ultimately, I want my art to touch people in a positive way.

Over time, my artistic style has evolved into purer abstraction, heavily influenced by my love of nature, landscapes, horizons, and light, among others. I love using various color palettes, an important element in my work, and I also employ a variety of materials in my pieces, having explored: oils, acrylics, pastels, watercolors and mixed media on wood, canvas, paper, metal, etc…




Summer Colors. Acrylic on Paper, 9x12in. 
Artist Roberto Concha © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

I share my work in private shows and social media with fellow art lovers, and I have been fortunate to receive positive feedback on my art. People say that they find a certain joy and peacefulness in many of my paintings.




Blue Night. Oil on Canvas 24x24in. 
Artist Roberto Concha © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

I know that there is still much more for me to learn, and I look forward to exploring new ideas while expanding and improving my technique and skill in the future. My goal is to enjoy the process of creating art that will hopefully touch people’s heart in some way.

Thank you very much,


—Roberto

See more of Roberto's work: 

Website:
http://www.robertoconcha.com/artgallery/view_gallery.html

Google+:
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+RobertoConchaPainter/posts


Be the Next Featured Guest Artist!

If you would like to be the next featured guest artist here on Impulsive Artistry click on the link below or on the tab at the top, “Get Featured!”

CLICK HERE for more info on being a Guest Artist!    

Subscribe to Impulsive Artistry via Email: 


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

Share this article on social media (links below) if you enjoyed it! 

No comments: