Monday, March 21, 2016

Ocean Dawn. New Acrylic Landscape Painting + Instructional Painting Video



“Ocean Dawn.” Acrylic on Canvas Board. 8 x 10 inches. Artist Charles Wolf.
Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved.


Hello all,

Did you have a fun, perhaps even artistic weekend? Another week has begun, and I am back with another blog post! Today features one of my latest paintings, titled “Ocean Dawn.” This impressionistic landscape painting, captures the essence of the morning as dawn breaks above majestic purple mountains; the light flickering across the waves far below.

I am continuing to explore harmonious color palettes in “Ocean Dawn.” This work contains a triadic color scheme of a creamy yellow, a mellow purple hue, and a light blue/grey mix. For those of you who may not be familiar with color theory, a triad palette features colors that are evenly spaced along the color wheel. When balanced correctly, these tones create a dazzling vibrancy, each playing off the other in a celebratory manner. Typically, one color will dominate slightly, and the other two provide support and accent to it. In my painting above, the yellow of the morning light takes the spotlight, with the blue/grey mix, providing counterpoint and shadow to the former in the clouds, and the soft purple of the mountains provides weight and structure to the simple, but complete composition.

Here is an example of a color wheel, the colors that you see in my painting fall in between those shown below[1] as indicated by the lines:






Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop



Another View: “Ocean Dawn.” Acrylic on Canvas Board. 
8 x 10 inches. Artist Charles Wolf. 
Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved.

  
Every artwork that is featured on my blog is for sale. Consider supporting my art by purchasing this lovely little ocean scene at the Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop! Due to its smaller size, 8 x 10 inches, the pricing is very reasonable. All of my paintings can be purchased there, link below: 

Etsy Shop Main Page Link



My YouTube Channel:


Help me grow my YouTube Painting Channel by sharing the link below on Facebook and Twitter with your friends and family; I have dozens of painting videos for you to watch, learn from, and enjoy! Please consider subscribing yourself, if you haven’t already, by following the link below and hitting that subscribe button:



Instructional Painting Video for Ocean Dawn:


If you would like to watch me paint this create this work and/or learn how to do it yourself, please watch the video below! It contains audio and text commentary by me as I walk you through painting this work from start to finish!



Learn to Paint with Artist Charles Wolf. “Ocean Dawn.” 
Acrylic on Canvas Board. 8 x 10 inches.
 Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. Impulsive Artistry © 2016.
Impulsive Artistry Blog Productions. All Rights Reserved.


Thank you so much for stopping by today here at the Impulsive Artistry Blog. We will of course be back on Wednesday with another post. I sincerely hope that you will be inspired by the content you find here on Impulsive Artistry, and that you will try something new and creative this week—be it painting, learning a new instrument, exploring nature, photography… whatever it is, discovering more about yourself and taking the time to savor the little things in life! As always, may you have a truly fantastic and artistic day!!!

—Charles

 Follow this Blog!

Follow Impulsive Artistry at these sites, CLICK ANY NAME TO LINK:




Follow by Email (Feedburner) — get instant updates when each new post is uploaded! Enter your Email Address in the box in the upper right sidebar to sign up! (May not be visible to mobile uses)




[1] Please note that color values differ from device to device outside of my control, as such, the color of the images you see on your device may not exactly match to what I am seeing on my computer here, but this will give you a good idea as to what I am after!

No comments: