Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Blue Skyline. Creating this Work + Full-Length Painting Video!

Hello Everyone! Today we will be having a double feature on the blog—two posts in one day! I am excited to share with you the entire full-length version with commentary of the painting that I featured last week here on Impulsive Artistry, titled “Blue Skyline.” This is a dynamic, abstracted cityscape that I created using a limited color palette. I did not talk about this piece much last week, so I will take the opportunity to do so today.





Creating “Blue Skyline”

The inspiration for this work comes from my love of cities, especially the downtowns of large metropolitan areas. Skyscrapers, even as a child, have always awed me, and I love the energetic feeling of the bustle of a busy city sidewalk and street. The rising sun glimmers of the windows and illuminates the pinnacles and peaks.   

This past weekend, my wife and enjoyed a fun-filled afternoon in Downtown Raleigh, North Carolina where we live. While not a particularly large area, there are several huge rising towers, exciting to gaze up at and take in the overwhelming since of height and perspective. I am originally from California so San Francisco is one city that I enjoy visiting for this reason, not to mention San Diego with its rising spires on the edge of the Pacific Ocean. When we lived in Texas, of course I got to visit and see: Austin, San Antonio, Dallas and Houston (drove through), and their towers. I have yet to visit the most iconic city on the ocean here in the US: New York, but all in good time!

“Blue Skyline” also continues my experimentations with a limited color palette, using: Mars Black, Titanium White, Alizarin Crimson, and Cobalt Blue, of course. This abstracted cityscape painting is on a smaller sized canvas board, only 8 x 10 inches. I may at some point create a larger version of this painting, but I greatly like working on a smaller scale. If you are a beginning artist, I do recommend that you start with a smaller canvas or canvas board size, as they are easy to use and to manage the perspective and proportions in the piece.


Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop



Every artwork that is featured on my blog is for sale. Consider supporting my art by purchasing this dynamic little cityscape at the Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop! Due to its smaller size, 8 x 10 inches, the pricing is very reasonable. All of my paintings can be purchased there, link below:    

  

"Blue Skyline:" Full-Length Painting Video with Commentary


Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved. Produced by Impulsive Artistry. 
"Blue Skyline, Full-Length Painting Video."


Last Remarks

This concludes the first post for today, so be sure to check out the photo essay found in second post! Thank you for watching the video above, and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel if you haven’t already, here:


I hope you enjoyed reading this first article of the day, please like and share this blog and its content on social media with your friends and family! I thank you so much for your continued support of my work.

Have an amazing artistic day!

—Charles

PS. You can follow Impulsive Artistry each week for new blog posts Monday, Wednesday and Friday. There are many ways to follow this blog, see all the links below and in the sidebars of this page.

Follow this Blog!

Follow Impulsive Artistry at these sites, CLICK ANY NAME TO LINK:



Follow by Email (Feedburner) — get instant updates when each new post is uploaded! Enter your Email Address in the box in the upper right sidebar to sign up! (May not be visible to mobile uses)






No comments: