Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Blue Skyline," New Acrylic Painting + Hyper Timelapse Video


"Blue Skyline" - Abstracted Cityscape, Artist Charles Wolf. 
Acrylic on Canvas Board, 8x10 in. 
Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

My Week So Far...


Hello all, another beautiful day here in North Carolina. Well, my week is off to a very busy start. For those of you who may not follow my Facebook Page or me on Twitter (follow me on those sites today for more great content/updates!), I began this week working as a piano accompanist for the sight-singing portion of a regional choral adjudication.

Sight singing is where a choir is given a piece of music they have never seen before and asked to sing it without practice, and this adjudication is a way for the choral teachers to get feedback on their choruses.

Over the course of two days, I performed with 55 different High School and Middle School Choirs from region. While this job was challenging, it was also very fun as it was something different, outside my normal routine. The highlight of the whole experience was a beautiful full-length Steinway Grand Piano (image below) that I had the privilege to use during the performances. Those of you who play piano may know what I mean when I say that there is nothing quite like performing on a grand piano, let alone a Steinway!!



Blue Skyline Painting 

Last week, I did get in some painting, and I am happy to share this one with you!  “Blue Skyline” is a small piece, only 8x10 in, and features an abstracted cityscape. This is a small-scale study for what will eventually be a larger work, and a continuation of my experimentations with a limited color palette.

Color Palette:

Mars Black
Titanium White
Alizarin Crimson
Cobalt Blue

Timelapse Video

Here is the hyperspeed timelapse painting video for this work, which I hope you enjoy. Please like and share this video on social media if you enjoy it, and consider subscribing to my YouTube channel!





Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved. Produced by Impulsive Artistry. "Blue Skyline Hyper Timelapse Painting Video." 


Thank you so much for viewing my work today. I will be back on Friday with another post! As always, have a fantastic day and be creative!

—Charles  


Follow this Blog!

Follow Impulsive Artistry at these sites, CLICK ANY NAME TO LINK:


Follow by Email (Feedburner) — get instant updates when each new post is uploaded! Enter your Email Address in the box in the upper right sidebar to sign up! (May not be visible to mobile uses)


No comments: