Thursday, July 28, 2016

Guest Artist Feature: Jeanna Olson, Photographer + Blogger


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

I’m a midwestern girl with good intentions and bad knees. I majored in English and theater (unemployable) at the local university and then stuffed my curriculum with journalism classes to keep my parents happy.

So I’ve had a long career in food service.


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

My dad had cameras and guns and was determined I try both. I didn’t care for guns but liked the low-risk, high-reward of shooting someone with a camera. I remember using Pocket Instamatics and Polaroids and finally my dad’s old Petri. But it wasn’t until I got my hands on a Pentax K-1000 in J-School that things really started to click, pun intended.


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

I’m the most amateur of photographers but I always have fun trying—the idea behind both my blogs. My blog, The Ched Curtain, refers to the Wisconsin/Illinois state line, a line I no longer wish to cross (over the hill). 


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

The last time I went to Chicago was for my longer running blog, The Wisconsin Candy Dish, when I got to roll through the sugar charged All Candy Expo (a life long dream after I saw it on The Simpsons). I started "The Dish" when I was in tech school, still trying to be a useful member of society, and kept it going to get free candy.


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Photo by Jeanna Olson © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

Jeanna Olson
Madison, WI
The Wisconsin Candy Dish  (http://wiscandy.blogspot.com/)


Want to be a Featured Guest Artist?

Be the next Guest Artist Feature here on Impulsive Artistry! Do you have a blog or website that you would like to promote? Contact me today, just follow the link below or the tab above, titled "Get Featured!," for more info. 


  
I am always looking for new, amazing, inspiring and talented artists to feature on my blog. This can be fine art, arts and craft, photography, music... is a creative activity? Then it will make a great feature post on Impulsive Artistry!  

Follow Impulsive Artistry!


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

You can follow Impulsive Artistry at the following social media sites (Click to Link): 



No comments: