Thursday, November 26, 2015

How to Spend Thanksgiving like an Artist!


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Yes, we made it to that day that we have all been waiting for… we can now finally get on to Christmas shopping on Black Friday, just kidding. To me Thanksgiving is a time to spend with those you care about the most in your life, consume more food than average, but not much Football, as I do not currently own a TV and neither did my parents for most of my childhood. Anyway, I’d thought I would share my Thanksgiving plans with you all and list a few things that I am thankful for this year!



How do you spend Thanksgiving like an Artist? Answer: don’t do too much and take a moment to enjoy life! Because it is just the two of us, my wife and I have made a tradition in our house of not cooking a traditional American meal of Turkey, Potatoes, Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce, Pies…. We realized that are favorite Thanksgiving foods are the finger food/appetizers. Accordingly, we now just make cracker and cheese plates, salami, cream cheese and wax peppers on toothpicks, and break open a jar of stuffed green olives. We will instead spend the day starting to decorate for Christmas and playing board games together… wonder what we will play this year, no I do not mean Monopoly: Carcassonne, Letter Tycoon, Dominion, Castles of Burgundy, Agricola or Eclipse to name a few in our collection. If you are not familiar with these titles, I recommend that you Google: Board Game Geek, to learn more about them. I find that they are a lot of fun, deep thinking games that we can enjoy as a couple! Those are my holiday plans, what are you doing this Thanksgiving? Let me know in the comments below, and have the best Thanksgiving ever! 

   


Things I am Thankful For:

·      I am thankful for my wife who inspires me to be creative and artistic and to enjoy being who I am not who people often want me to be.
·      I am thankful for my two cats: Oliver and Ian!
·      I am thankful for everyday that I get to have a career that I really enjoy: making artistic creations through painting, drawing, writing, composing music, performing, and teaching private piano lessons.
·      I am thankful for all of you who read this blog, and I am looking forward to another month of posts!
·      I am thankful for the many blessings that God has given me this year, moving halfway across the country, starting a private studio, a home to live in, and a job for my wife!
·      Lastly, I am thankful for family and friends those that I have know my whole life and those who have even met this year!




Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!

Follow this Blog on Google+, Facebook, RSS Feed or by Email! See the right sidebar on the blog for more info ----------->

No comments: