Monday, April 3, 2017

Guest Artist Feature: J. Travis Duncan, Visual Artist



Docked In Yokohama. Acrylic 16x20in. 
Artist J. Travis Duncan © 2017. All Rights Reserved.

First, thank you to Charles for this opportunity to showcase a few of my pieces and tell everyone a little about me as an artist.

My name is J. Travis Duncan and I am a visual artist from Evans, Georgia which is right outside of Augusta. In my creative process, I use brushes and palette knives. As one who has always loved the loose style of the Impressionists and the vibrant color palettes of the Fauvists, my work reflects such influences. My pursuit of art has been lifelong. I cannot remember a time in which I did not paint or draw. Thus, I chose the self-taught route.




SOLitude III. Acrylic on 11x14in. 
Artist J. Travis Duncan © 2017. All Rights Reserved.

I love landscapes, especially sunsets and sunrises, and have recently begun to work on non-traditional portraits as well. Typically, I try to complete a painting in one sitting in order to better capture the scene and to give it a painterly style. In some cases, this is not possible due to the size of the painting.




Vineyard In The Valley. Acrylic on 11x14in. 
Artist J. Travis Duncan © 2017. All Rights Reserved. 

As for my process, have painted plein air, from personal photos, or even create compositions from a plethora of reference photos. I like to blend my paints on the canvas directly via palette knife or brush. The amalgamation of hues gives it a raw, and in my opinion, a more natural feel when painting nature. Since every sunset and sunrise is unique, I believe they can be best captured in an abstract style.




Sunset Bliss. Acrylic on 18x24in. 
Artist J. Travis Duncan © 2017. All Rights Reserved. 

www.panoplei.etsy.com
www.facebook.com/jtravisduncan

Thanks,

Travis Duncan


Want to Get YOUR Art Featured?

I am always looking for new, amazing, inspiring and talented artists to feature here at Impulsive Artistry. Wether your work is fine art, arts and craft (diy), photography, music... is a creative activity? Then it is great for this blog! 

Email me, Charles Wolf, at:


Charleswolfstudio@yahoo.com

I can't wait to feature your work! 

—Charles

No comments: