Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Fighting Stagnation!

I don't know about you, but I dislike the feeling of stagnation and repetition. The knowledge that I have same task ahead of me that I had the previous day, week, month can be grating, and I relish each opportunity to try new things. Fortunately, my occupation (I work from home) allows me ample time to pursue my hobbies and interests, but even then I still get that itchy feeling that I am stuck with the same routine ahead of me. When this happens, it's a sign that it is time to shake things up, start fresh and begin a new project or two. 

Well I got that itchy feeling this past week...

What am I working on? I began composing a new piano piece, haven't written music in a while, and it has been thrilling to sit down and add a few new notes the score each day. While it is not finished yet, here are two other piano pieces that I previously composed: 




Pondering: Motions. Solo Piano Music by Charles Wolf © 2015. All Rights Reserved. Impulsive Artistry © 2017. 



Wanderers. Solo Piano Music and Photography by Charles Wolf 
© 2016. All Rights Reserved. Impulsive Artistry © 2017.

This last weekend I also participated in a tournament at my local board game store that began at midnight and went to 7am - crazy right, but a great way to mixup my schedule (no I didn't win, sadly). I was able to get some lovely photographs of the pale sunrise as I left the store that morning that I would not have captured if I hadn't gone to the event. 



Morning Clouds. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2017. All Rights Reserved. 


Pale Sunrise. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2017. All Rights Reserved. 

So what do you do when you are feeling that creeping sensation of stagnation? Let me know in comments below or on the Impulsive Artistry Facebook Page

Have a fantastic, un-stagnate creative week,

—Charles


Follow Impulsive Artistry:
 Google+    

No comments: