Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Sunset Meadow, Watercolor Painting + Video Tutorial!




Sunset Meadow Watercolor, 7.5x10in. Artist Charles Wolf.
Impulsive Artistry © 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Hello everyone! Hope your week is going well. It has been over a month since I shared a watercolor painting with you all and this one is lovely little fall scene that I painted from a photograph taken during my trip to visit the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains, specifically Asheville, NC, several months ago. You can see two beautiful photo sets that I took while I was there at the following links:



I remember how I took the sunset photo that served as the basis for this painting near the hotel where my wife and I were staying. It was crisp evening and the fall foliage was at peak saturation in the Carolina mountains. Walking up the road to the top of the hill, I came to this field, and was able to capture the sun as it set across from my vantage point, disappearing behind purple peaks. In the photo, I was looking not directly at the sun, but to my left across the to the trees bending away from me in the golden light.

Here are the materials you need to paint this painting yourself:

Artist Quality Watercolor Paint: Lemon Yellow, Yellow Ochre, Cobalt Blue, Payne’s Grey, Raw Sienna, Burnt Umber, Alizarin Crimson, Bright Red

Bright Brush

Filbert Brush

Liner Brush

Easel or Flat Surface

Drop Cloth

Watercup

Stay-Wet Palette

Watercolor Paper, 140lbs.

Paper Towels



Watercolor Painting Tutorial:




Sunset Meadow Watercolor, 7.5x10in. Artist Charles Wolf.
Impulsive Artistry © 2017. All Rights Reserved.
Impulsive Artistry Blog Productions.

Thank you for checking out my work! Hope you having a great creative week. Please let me know if you any questions about this painting, painting in general, or any of my works, as I would be delighted to answer your questions in the comments below!

–Charles

Follow Impulsive Artistry:

No comments: