Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Autumn Rain - Abstract Painting + Timelapse Video




Autumn Rain. Original Abstract Painting. Artist Charles Wolf.
Acrylic on Canvas, 18x24in. Impulsive Artistry © 2016.
  
It feels and looks like fall is in full swing here in North Carolina this week. The beauty of the bright colors I see in the woods around my home, bursts of red, orange and in counterpoint to the muted browns and umber-greens.

In my latest abstract, I tried to capture the essence of the season through the color palette and abstract composition. I view this work as a woods scene, distorted and obfuscated as if seen through a rain-streaked window. To achieve the rainy effect, I used two techniques: splashing water from my dirty water cup at the top of the canvas, allowing it to drip through the paint causing streaks, and a gentle vertical brushing with a clean dry brush to blend together the individual color swaths. 



Time Lapse Painting Video

If you would like to watch me paint this artwork, then check out this short time lapse painting video:


Autumn Rain. Original Abstract Time Lapse Painting.
Artist Charles Wolf. Impulsive Artistry © 2016. 
All Rights Reserved. 


All of my original artwork is on sale at the Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop! Support my artistic endeavours today and consider purchasing one of my paintings. Christmas is coming, and I have several works that are only $40! Even if you can buy a painting yourself, if you could share the following link with your friends on social media I would be so very grateful! 

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpulsiveArtistry



Question of the Day:

What colors would you use to paint an Abstract?

Let me know in the comment below or on the
Impulsive Artistry Facebook Page!


I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest Abstract Painting and YouTube video. Have a fantastic creative week, 

—Charles

Subscribe to Impulsive Artistry:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments: