Thursday, September 15, 2016

Networks – New Abstract Acrylic Painting + Video!

Hello, and welcome back to Impulsive Artistry. If this is your first time here then thank you for stopping by. I’m Charles, a visual artist who works from my home studio in Raleigh, NC. As those of you who read this blog regularly know, I work on a lot of creative projects all the time: painting, photography, music, etc., which keeps me happy and busy! Why the title “Networks?” As a blogger networking is a big part of my job, interacting with artists and followers via social media, as well as promoting my art/blog/YouTube channel/Etsy shop, you get the idea. I will get back to this topic in a moment.


Networks. Abstract Painting by Artist Charles Wolf. 
Acrylic on Textured Canvas. Impulsive Artistry © 2016. 
All Rights Reserved. 

I purchased two 24 x 24 inch canvases about a month ago. One, I used to create my large Sunset painting, “Last Light,” and the other has been sitting against my studio wall staring at me. I wasn’t sure what I wanted to paint on it, so I left it there to remind me to think about the possibilities each time I was in my studio. At the end of last month, I painted a small abstract called “Sunburst,” which was so much fun to do!

In Sunburst, I used PVA “Tacky” Glue as a texturing medium on the canvas. I really enjoy working with PVA, an acrylic based glue that the acrylic paint sticks to nicely, and decided to use it once again, but on a much larger scale with my huge (for me) canvas. Additionally, the texturing is part of the end aesthetic for this artwork, because I do not let the glue fully dry before I start painting. The reason for this is that I want the glue to move around and form the gorgeous cracks that you see in the paint layer on top. Regular readers will recognize this look from some of my other work – see my Art Gallery (tab at the top) to see what I mean!

So why “Networks” as the title? Well, like I said, I am constantly networking/reaching out to other people, posting on social media every day. The piece features several vertical and diagonal lines that divide the canvas into sections. Between these textures are the cracks reaching from one line to the other. This reminded me of the way in which, like a spider’s web, we affect those around us with out words and actions. The lines could, metaphorically, represent us as individuals connecting and affecting other people through our life interactions, even the virtual ones. I know for myself, I hope that these are positive – represented by the bright reds, oranges and yellows, but sometimes they are not, the violets.  

As with any work of art, what you see and what it means to you is what is important. I could also see trees and leaves in this piece, simply paint on canvas with no meaning at all, and several other interpretations beside…

Question of the Day:

So I ask,

What do you see?

Let me know in the comments below or at the Impulsive Artistry Facebook Page or on Twitter: @ArtImpulsive!

“Networks” – Timelapse Painting Video! 


“Networks.” 
Original Acrylic Abstract on Textured Canvas, 24 x 24 inches.
Artist Charles Wolf. Impulsive Artistry © 2016. 
All Rights Reserved.
Timelapse Painting Video. Impulsive Artistry Blog Productions.

Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop


All of my artwork can be purchased at the Impulsive Artistry Etsy Shop click on any image to link below. I have lots of paintings/sizes to choose from that would make the perfect accent, or statement, to any home or office. Purchase some original art and support an artist today!




Even if you can’t buy a painting today, consider sharing the URL below to my Etsy shop with your friends. I really, really appreciate it – thank you so very much!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/ImpulsiveArtistry

Subscribe to this Blog via Email:

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Top of Form

Thank you so much for stopping by and viewing my work today. Have a great creative weekend, and I will see you all next week!

—Charles

Share this blog post with your friends and family on Social Media and have a positive impact. Hit any icon below to link this article:

No comments: