Thursday, August 11, 2016

Rainy Days — Photo Set


Rain on Reedy Creek Lake. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

Rain. The one word answer to what is the biggest difference between living in California versus North Carolina. Now, it probably doesn’t help that most of my life, when I was growing up in California, we were having one drought or another, but on the other hand, it’s not called “Sunny California” for nothing. When my wife and I were dating, she grew up on the East Coast, I asked her what it was like moving to California? She replied that she was struck by “how blue the sky was,” because there are very few clouds on most days. Here in North Carolina, it is somewhat rare to have a perfectly cloudless day.

Now that we live in Raleigh, I get what she was talking about. This past month has been a seemingly endless stream of one thunderstorm or scattered showers after another. As an artist and blogger, this doesn’t really hamper my job in any way, but there are days that the dreariness can get to you. The benefit of all this water is the green brilliance I see around me every day, compared to the “golden hues,” as optimistic Californians characterize the drab “browns” prevalent throughout that state during the Summer, Fall and Winter. Don’t get me wrong, I am still a Californian at heart, but it my home state mostly falls under the “rugged beauty” category of nature.

Looking back over my photography from this year, I am struck by the number rain-centric photos that I found. Several of my shoots took place during or just after a rainstorm, and so I thought that I would compile these into a set for you to enjoy!

Here we go:

Rainy Days — Photo Set:


Raindrops. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Incoming Storm. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Taking Shelter. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Drips and Drops. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Mossy Bark. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved.  


Old Oak by the Trail. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Goose in the Rain. Photo by Charles Wolf. 
Impulsive Artistry © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 

Impulsive Artistry Instagram

You can see more of my photography on the Impulsive Artistry Instagram; new photos are uploaded every day so be sure to Follow! Check them all out here:


Question of the Day:

In what state or country do you live?  Is where you live a wet, dry or in-between climate? Let me know in the comments below of on the Impulsive Artistry Facebook Page!

Your comments are always appreciated. I do take the time to read through them and reply as often as I can. Drop a little note if you enjoyed this post, I would love to hear from you!   

Thank you so much for stopping by today here on Impulsive Artistry. I hope that you will visit again soon and have a fantastic creative week!

—Charles

Join the Impulsive Artistry Email List

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments: