Monday, February 15, 2016

Cloudy River - How to Paint Instructional Video, Part 3


Hello followers of the Impulsive Artistry Blog! I hope that you had a great Valentine’s Day yesterday and are enjoying Presidents Day today, I know I did and am. To be honest, this painting video is overdue on my blog, and more importantly, on my YouTube Channel (Link Below – please subscribe!).  I been a little remiss in putting it together. Part the issue stems from the fact that I love to create new content, particularly to paint new paintings each week. That being said, I do want to provide more than just time-lapse videos on this blog when it comes to paintings. This weekend, I was able to devote extra time to audio recording, video editing to create today’s content!   


So today’s blog post, features Part 3 of my “Cloudy River, In-depth Instructional Video Series,” where over four parts I show you step-by-step how to paint my oil painting “Cloudy River” with audio and text commentary included!
Part 3 covers how to paint the highlights on the trees (foliage) as well as how to reflect them into the river’s water using oil paint with a wet-on-wet technique.


Blog News and Etsy Shop:


I should be putting out Part 4 very soon as well, but I am planning on releasing a painting video for my latest abstracted landscape painting (very excited about this one) on Wednesday! In other blog news, I have two new guest artist feature posts in the work that will be posted over the next couple of weeks.

Remember to visit the Impulsive Artistry Official Esty Shop at the link below to purchase all of my artwork, including this piece, “Cloudy River,” which is available for purchase there for only $100 plus shipping!


  
List of Materials Needed to Paint This Piece

To paint this painting today with me, here is a list of the supplies that you will need:

½ inch Brush
Small Round Brush
Palette Knife
Paper Towel
Linseed Oil
Paint Thinner (non-toxic)
8 x 8 inch Canvas Board
Drop Cloth

Oil Paint Colors:

Ultramarine Blue
Cad. Yellow
Lemon Yellow
Burnt Umber
Permanent Green

The Painting Video!


Part 3, Cloudy River, Basic Oil Painting Instructional Video
Charles Wolf Studio © 2016. All Rights Reserved. 


Photos Stills From the Video:














Twitter

If you want daily updates about this blog, my art studio, and myself then follow me on Twitter. I tweet 4-8 times every day, so head over there and start following! I often will include more links to my YouTube Channel, Painting Videos, Older Blog Reposts and More! Check it out!!!



Final Words

Thank you so much for watching the latest part of my instructional painting video series and reading this article. I enjoyed making this video, and I will be returning with Part 4 shortly. As I mentioned above, I will be back on Wednesday with a brand new abstract painting, which I hope you will all enjoy... As always, go out and have an artistically productive day!  

—Charles




No comments: